MAAH Fall All-Species Auction
October 10 @ 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm UTC-6
This auction will have catfish and MORE! More kinds of fish – from guppies to gourami! Invertebrates and plants!
Proceeds of all sales are split between the club and seller (30/70) with the exception of donated items.
ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS
MAAH accepts cash, credit cards, personal checks (with matching ID if you are an annual member) for payment of items. All sales subject to PayPal fees and WI/Dane County Sales Tax.
GENERAL INFORMATION (BUYING AND SELLING)
MAAH uses MyGroupAuctions.com to run its auctions.
If you plan on buying or selling items at the auction, you will need to register and associate yourself with our group, “Madison Area Aquatic Hobbyists”.
RULES FOR SELLING ITEMS
- Each item being sold must have the seller’s full name listed in the description on MyGroupAuctions.com.
- Each seller is limited to a maximum of 30 lots per auction.
- Only 2 lots of the same species(or variants of a species) or non-live goods may be entered per seller.
- All fish must be bagged properly: Ziplock bags or breather bags are NOT acceptable for fish or invertebrate entries.
- Buckets with a bag liner and closing lid are acceptable for large fish.
- Labels are required for all items being sold. Each label should be clearly written or typed, and have the following information:
- Lot number assigned from MyGroupAuctions.com and a description of the item.
- Quantity of item.
- Seller’s contact information.
- Note that labels can be printed on MyGroupAuctions.com.
- Improperly bagged fish will be re-bagged at a cost of $2 per bag.
- Live fish that are in good health, identifiable, and at least 1 inch in length. For dwarf species, entries must be at least ½ inch in length.
- Live invertebrates that are in good health and are identifiable.
- Live plants that are in good health, identifiable and free of algae and duck weed.
- Live food cultures.
- Aquarium or pond equipment and decorations which are clean and in good working condition.
- Used gravel or sand substrates.
- Lots consisting solely of Lemna (duckweed) and/or Azolla (mosquito fern) species.
- Opened containers or out-of-date consumable products (food, medications, fertilizers, etc.).
- Items not related to aquariums or ponds.
- Anything that is prohibited or restricted by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR). This includes, but is not limited to, certain species of fish, invertebrates, and plants. NO CRAYFISH ARE PERMITTED. See this list of prohibited animals & plants SS1094
If you wish to donate proceeds for any of your entries being sold in the auction, be sure to include the word “Donation” in the description AND check the box marked “Donation”.